Turn your Used Clothes to Rewards.
Saving The Planet One Piece Of Fabric At A Time
As the second most polluting industry in the world, the fashion industry has taken no preventive or reactive measures to resolve the environmental crisis that it is causing. This is why we feel that Meedsite will be just the push the industry needs to finally make a change and claim responsibility for their actions.
- It is a fact that humans are responsible for 2.12 billion tons of global waste every year
- It is a fact that 99% of the items we buy end up in the trash within 6 months
- It is a fact that only 0.1% of textile clothing is recycled into the new textile fiber while the rest ends up incinerated or piled up in landfills.
With the average American throwing away 80 pounds of clothing per year, we are convinced that the average American can have a huge impact if they decide to send us their unused fabric, instead of just throwing it out.
The premise is very simple and can be infused in the life of every person on their entire planet. We simply collect textile clothing that people have no need for, we donate them and we recycle them. As an extra incentive, the program will allow its users to exchange their unused, ripped, unwanted, useless, damaged and faded apparel for reward points called Meed Points.
- Mission: Save Environment.
- Date: 2017-03-20
- Website: MeedSite.com
- Services: Fashion, Apparel, Recycling